Life Health Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Advisors need not fear APEXA

Notify me of new replies via email
Life Health Professional | 06 Nov 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Insurance agents in a tizzy over the private company’s move to improve communication between industry stakeholders needn’t spend too much time worrying because come January your lives could get a little easier
  • David A Gray | 06 Nov 2015, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    In my 40 years in the business this may be the first time we actual achieve an objective to make it easier for advisors, distribution and Insurers. This is an all in effort that needs to be implemented by all parties to achieve the overall objective. We need to take advantage of integrated technology and this is one example that will have on going benefit in the years to come
  • Roger Rhodes | 08 Nov 2015, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    This sounds like an excellent initiative. After being in the captive agent field for 16 years I moved to the broker / MGA situation and having to "qualify" over and over again whenever I write a policy with a new insurer it get quite frustrating and time consuming. Now if we could just get all the insurance companies to agree on one application, and move to direct delivery of policies to the client, eliminating the unfair practice of having the client prove that they are still healthy at policy delivery, we would be getting somewhere.
  • Life Insurance Canada.com | 16 Nov 2015, 07:15 PM Agree 0
    I don't recall being asked to participate in this 'industry initiative' where a third party for-profit company is going to manage and control my data - without my input. That's not fear, that's an objection. This is simply the monolothic, MGA business model forcing their best interests on to advisors.

Yes, advisors I speak to are objecting. Do MGA's care? No. Turns out independent advisors DO have a boss - and an unregulated one at that.
Post a reply