Life Health Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Canadian insurer faces law suit

Notify me of new replies via email
Life Health Professional | 28 Jan 2015, 08:59 AM Agree 0
A steel company is taking a Canadian insurer to court over accusations of wrongfully denied claims.
  • Saddened Advisor | 28 Jan 2015, 10:10 AM Agree 0
    Unbelievable! As a parent myself, I can't imagine not trying to get the best treatment to help save my son, experimental or otherwise. It seems that insurance companies create certain products with a usually steep price, but the strings attached can really make it next to impossible to receive in circomstances such as this. There has to be an ethical component to their decision, in my opinion. Lose of a child and bills that could potentially bankrupt the family as well! There's got to be a better way than this.
  • Kevin | 28 Jan 2015, 10:40 AM Agree 0
    As someone who is involved in a law suit against one of the big insurers in Canada due to a denied claim there is a reason that Personal Injury Lawyers that work on contingency are popping up all over the country. Insurers deny first and hope the person goes away
  • Diane | 28 Jan 2015, 12:01 PM Agree 0
    Shame on you Insurance companies for no paying --the little boy lost his life due to an illness ---the people that make these decision not to pay how can they sleep at night ------SHAME ON YOU and pray it never happens to your family.
  • Donald Demchuk Investors Group | 28 Jan 2015, 03:14 PM Agree 0
    Wow, looks like Ford with the Pinto all over again. Ford knew that people would die because of the exploding gas tank but they still went ahead with production. Many people lost their lives because of that decision but nobody has bad feelings about Ford today. God bless the baby boy and his heart broken parents. Sunlife do the right thing!
  • Sunlife Profits First | 29 Nov 2015, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    "Sun Life, do the right thing", That's a joke! Sun Life motives are clear, profit ahead of morality. They truly do not care about you or your family! They should be sued for false advertising, I've fought them for over three years...I will not go away as they expected three years ago!
Post a reply