Life Health Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Doctor’s lawsuit raises concerns about living benefit claims

Notify me of new replies via email
Life Health Professional | 28 Sep 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A physician’s allegations that an insurer pressured her to change medical opinions in order to reduce costs plays into advisors fears about disability claims
  • Ken MacCoy, CHS | 28 Sep 2015, 03:47 PM Agree 0
    There are always three (3) sides to every dispute.

In this case, it is (1) The defendants: WSIB and WHCS; (2) The plaintiff: Dr. Steinnagel; and of course (3) the most important: The 'Truth'.

I hope you will follow-up on this story to advise how it is settled.
  • Shawn McCabe | 29 Oct 2015, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    There is also my side to the claim, I'm the injured worker.
  • florence | 29 Feb 2016, 04:12 PM Agree 0
    I am a 56 year old woman who was injured in a work related car accident on August 2, 2001. this accident was a third degree whiplash injury to my face, head, neck and right shoulder. WSIB allowed the claim for almost two years. It was documented that I had was put through a worker's compensation scheme. The WSIB doctors commit fraud as they lied to me and stated I had no injuries. WSIB with held the diagnosis of a head injury from me. I was left with the right side of my face falling. The right tmj disc was displaced. I was left with peripheral vision loss from ocular debris on my eye balls and occluding my right ear canal from a central nervous lesion that was noted on the MRI of my brain. This left me with blackouts causing falls and loss of balance. I was left with a severe sleeping disorder and not treated until 7 years later. WSIB was aware of this and refused to treat me. WSIB was aware that I had infections in my right shoulder and neck in 2002 and I was never treated for this until almost 10 years later. WSIB refuses to pay for medications and benefits. My right shoulder had moderate tearing and swelling and infection in the right shoulder bone from medical neglect. The doctors commit fraud against the public in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to keep health care costs down. Chronic pain is due to gross neglect and greed.
Post a reply