Life Health Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Independent advisors break taboo in the name of fiduciary standard

Notify me of new replies via email
Life Health Professional | 26 Oct 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Independent advisors branded with a big insurance carrier name are doing something that even five years ago was considered unthinkable
  • | 26 Oct 2015, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    This article doesn't seem accurate. Manulife doesn't have captive agents. Please detail where this information was obtained.
  • | 26 Oct 2015, 03:28 PM Agree 0
    LHP is, of course, referring to: Sunlife (formerly Clarica/Mutual Life of Canada) agents, London Life and Investors Group.

At one time, placing coverage 'outside' of your captive company could potentially be cause for dismissal.

When faced with providing an inferior product or providing the best product for your client; what do you do?
    My decision was simple; the client was referred to an independent. - Then in 1998, I became an independent life broker.

Correct. Manulife Financial does not have captive agents.
    However, I believe ... Manulife Securities Inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary of Manulife Financial ...does.

Ken MacCoy, CHS
  • Independant Advisor | 27 Oct 2015, 12:26 AM Agree 0
    Manulife Securities Inc. advisors are completely independent from Manulife product. They can offer Manulife mutual funds or insurance, but are not required to in any way shape or form.
Post a reply