Life Health Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

ORPP gets chief executive

Notify me of new replies via email
Life Health Professional | 13 Jan 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Advisors might not be happy that Ontario’s own pension plan is going ahead but the latest move by the Ministry of Finance suggests there’s no looking back
  • Hamilton Advisor | 13 Jan 2016, 12:05 PM Agree 0
    That sounds like a move the Liberal gov't would make. Putting the former CEO of the failed Pan/Am games in charge of the ridiculous ORPP. We are being played for fools.
  • Trenton | 13 Jan 2016, 01:09 PM Agree 0
    I agree with you this is BS will we or anyone really see the benefit ??? Just like the CPP plan you die before collecting who benefits the gov't
  • George | 13 Jan 2016, 04:20 PM Agree 0
    What does extensive experience mean??? I'd be very surprised if he has any type of financial background. I guess he'll have to hire more employees to help him administer the plan. Which means another increase in taxes. Probably has a nice golden parachute package to go with the job! What a waste. I wonder how much this will cost us?
  • RBF | 14 Jan 2016, 12:27 PM Agree 0
    Wow, $525k 25% bonus for a former deputy minister, and Pan Am games head with no pension admin experience to build an organization from the bottom up, to administer a plan where the cost benefit analysis remains a work in progress at best. The scary part is the government actually expects us to believe that they will administer, manage and pay benefits all for less than 2% of payroll, shared between employer and employee??? Really, well, at least it will be easier for good solid Liberal supporters to find some good high paying jobs, no experience required!?! Why should we expect anything different from the folks who have brought us the 'Gas Plant', 'Ornge', and 'Ehealth'- I imagine the price tag for this fiasco may make those billion dollar boondoggles seem petty. Why do I feel so cynical??
  • | 25 Jan 2016, 12:19 PM Agree 0
    Regardless of whether the ORPP is a good thing or not (it isn't), Saad Rafi, a political appointment, is not up to the job. The Pan Am games was in the good hands of a proven leader, Ian Troop, until that idiot/previous Premier, David Peterson, fired him (still had to pay him) and made a political appointment by hiring Saad Rafi to take the place of Mr. Troop. Miller acknowledged at the time that under Ian Troop the preparation for the Pan Am games was running $50. million UNDER budget. WOW! Now Rafi is going to get to feed out of the Liberal trough ( a buffet at that salary) once again.
Post a reply