Life Health Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Calls to make weight loss surgery routine

Notify me of new replies via email
Paul Lucas | 25 May 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Organizations want to see surgery made more widely available even for those who are only mildly obese
  • | 25 May 2016, 11:54 AM Agree 0
    This is ridiculous. It's basically giving permission for people to become obese through bad choices and have the option to surgically fix it. I think this will increase obesity in the short term.
  • Happy and healthier | 25 May 2016, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    As weight retention and loss issues are more fully understood through current research, there seems to be a better understanding of the issues facing those with challenges. Bariatric surgery is another tool that can assist those that seek to improve their health for the long term. It is effectively an engineering solution to a lifestyle, genetic, or instinctual problem. With clear intent people will be able to improve health while being helped with creating new habits. Why do I know, I did it, and have successfully warded off Diabetes and other related conditions. The challenge will be who pays for it in the future. Current health care policies do not do much on the preventative side. Consequently we need to become medical tourists to facilitate these potentially life saving procedures. What could be saved by bringing the process closer to home at reasonable cost and avoiding the long term care costs of treating ailing individuals.
  • | 27 May 2016, 12:12 PM Agree 0
    This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! You are basically endorsing poor diet and lifestyle choices because hey just get sugery and it'll fix it right!!
Post a reply